In previous posts I’ve been talking a lot about “Lego for the SAP Data Center of the Future”, however if you want to experience how it really works, you should get your hands on it now. Take a look at the infrastructure that will be provided to you: 2 x VxRail appliances (each appliance has 4 nodes and all software necessary to create the software defined data center experience, including vCenter Server, ESXi, VSAN, VxRail Manager, VxRail Manager Extensions, vRealize Log Insight), 1 Domain Controller, 1 Switch and 1 Windows virtual machine that you will connect to and run all of the labs.
This lab demonstrates how simple and fast it is to configure a hyper-converged infrastructure appliance and allows the users to explore the management, provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting and repairing capabilities of VxRail using both VxRail Manager and vSphere Web Client.
VxRail Feature Highlights
- Simple and fast deployment of a new infrastructure (15 minutes)
- Fully automated process that significantly simplifies the overall process of installation/configuration.
- At the end of the VxRail configuration, the system is ready for consumption while new VM’s can be created immediately and applications can start to run.
- Simple and Fast scaling of an existing system
- Allows VxRail customers to start operating with small appliances and add more as needed, simplifying planning and reducing both capital and operating expenses.
- Tight integration to the VMware ecosystem
- Allows the exploitation of the full set of infrastructure products provided by VMware, while improving the services for configuration, management, troubleshooting and servicing the system.
- VxRail Manager and Manager Extensions increase the ability to service the system, providing resources that facilitate the diagnosis and correction of problems, and enable a direct contact with EMC to service the systems through the remote services support.
- From a single point of control, download applications from a digital market and install on any of the VM’s that are running in the VxRail systems.
- Exploit new VSAN 6.1 and vSphere features
- Integrated backup and recovery
- Integrated Replication (VSR or RPVM)
- Enterprise-class snapshots and clones
- Scale up to 16 appliances (64 nodes)
Lab Module Highlights
This new vLab provides several use cases such as the following:
- Appliance configuration
- Appliance insertion (scale out)
- Creation of VMs using vSphere Web Client
- Monitor workload activity and utilization of appliance’s resources
- Monitor the health of the cluster
- Expedite the diagnosis of software problems
- Repair the health of the cluster
- Download and Install applications obtained from a digital market
Ask your EMC or VCE contact to deploy this lab for you. The link you’ll receive after the deployment of your lab opens a launchpad that brings you in the middle of the demo. Equipped with a comprehensive demo guide you can now go through the use cases of your interest.
vLab time is always great time – ENJOY!!!