I have been working for quite a while on a joint SAP/EMC white paper about HANA in an EMC Private Cloud, Tailored Data Center Integration and Virtualization. This document is now publicly available. With Tailored Data Center Integration (TDI), you can move SAP HANA into a private cloud and integrate it into an existing, well-established data center, providing multiple benefits.
The white paper is a perfect introduction into Tailored Data Center Integration and also provides a lot of references and best practices. In two chapters SAP describes the SAP HANA main building blocks for a private cloud as well as general considerations on how to integrate SAP HANA into an existing data center.
In further chapters you can read how to build the ideal private cloud enabled by EMC, and in a real-life example we show how EMC IT runs SAP HANA (physical and virtual) in their private cloud.
The white paper contains some specifics for VMAX storage arrays but is also worth reading if you plan to do an implementation based on the VNX platform, which is also TDI certified.
So, if you want to learn
- How to integrate SAP HANA into your data center with the help of shared storage
- How to benefit from high availability and desaster recovery functionality provided by the SAP HANA platform
- How to integrate HANA into an efficient data center backup architecture
- How to combine HANA with multi-site data center technologies
- How to bring the worlds of virtual and physical HANA together
- How EMC IT runs HANA (physical and also already virtual in production)
… then you definitely should take a closer look at the white paper that you can find here.
You may also want to take a look at my post from March (SAP HANA Tailored Data Center Integration – an Update)